Be Prepared for Disasters
Did you know that floods are the most common natural disaster in the United States? Last year, Omaha was hit hard with significant flooding. Were you prepared? Here are some tips to help prepare for a natural disaster.
1. Make a plan for your family, including all pets, so that you and your loved ones know what to do, and where to go to protect yourselves. Practice evacuation routes.
2. Gather supplies- food, water, medicine, and household cleaning supplies. Make sure to have any necessary pet supplies. Also, extra batteries and charging devices for cell phones and critical electronics.
3. Keep important documents in water proof containers.
4. Move your valuables to higher levels in your home if possible.
5. Sign up for weather alerts and warnings. FEMA Mobile App gives real time alerts from the National Weather Service.
SERVPRO of Omaha Southwest and Omaha West/Saunders County has a 24/7 emergency response team that is trained to handle all storm damage in Omaha, NE and surrounding communities. Our experienced crews are available 24/7/365 for any residential or commercial location in the Omaha, NE area.